The Microsoft co-founder’s Vulcan Productions will provide campaign strategy and cash to Pandora’s Promise, the Robert Stone-directed documentary that bowed at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and was acquired last month by CNN Films. The cable news network will air it in November after its theatrical release through Abramorama on June 12. Going inside the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan and to Chernobyl, Stone chronicles how nuclear power could provide a solution to climate change, and the personal stories of environmentalists and energy experts who have shifted from being anti-nuclear to favoring the source. Paul Allen and Vulcan president Jody Allen have come aboard as executive producers. Vulcan has employed social action campaigns for films including Girl Rising (2013), This Emotional Life (2010), Judgment Day: Intelligent Design On Trial (2007), Rx For Survival: A Global Health Challenge (2005), and No Direction Home: Bob Dylan (2005).
Paul Allen Boards Sundance Docu ‘Pandora’s Promise’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'