The Microsoft co-founder’s Vulcan Productions will provide campaign strategy and cash to Pandora’s Promise, the Robert Stone-directed documentary that bowed at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and was acquired last month by CNN Films. The cable news network will air it in November after its theatrical release through Abramorama on June 12. Going inside the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan and to Chernobyl, Stone chronicles how nuclear power could provide a solution to climate change, and the personal stories of environmentalists and energy experts who have shifted from being anti-nuclear to favoring the source. Paul Allen and Vulcan president Jody Allen have come aboard as executive producers. Vulcan has employed social action campaigns for films including Girl Rising (2013), This Emotional Life (2010), Judgment Day: Intelligent Design On Trial (2007), Rx For Survival: A Global Health Challenge (2005), and No Direction Home: Bob Dylan (2005).
Paul Allen Boards Sundance Docu ‘Pandora’s Promise’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council
- Lin Oeding To Direct ‘Office Uprising’ Starring Brenton Thwaites – AFM
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution
- Watch Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Get Destroyed