The Microsoft co-founder’s Vulcan Productions will provide campaign strategy and cash to Pandora’s Promise, the Robert Stone-directed documentary that bowed at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and was acquired last month by CNN Films. The cable news network will air it in November after its theatrical release through Abramorama on June 12. Going inside the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan and to Chernobyl, Stone chronicles how nuclear power could provide a solution to climate change, and the personal stories of environmentalists and energy experts who have shifted from being anti-nuclear to favoring the source. Paul Allen and Vulcan president Jody Allen have come aboard as executive producers. Vulcan has employed social action campaigns for films including Girl Rising (2013), This Emotional Life (2010), Judgment Day: Intelligent Design On Trial (2007), Rx For Survival: A Global Health Challenge (2005), and No Direction Home: Bob Dylan (2005).
Paul Allen Boards Sundance Docu ‘Pandora’s Promise’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance