There will be a recasting on NBC‘s newly picked up comedy series The Family Guide, from DJ Nash. Parker Posey, who played the female lead in the pilot, won’t continue on the series. The project, written/exec produced by Nash, is about a son who idolizes his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and is bemused by his mother’s newfound adolescence who watches his family come closer together post-divorce. Posey played the mother. Technically, The Family Guide also doesn’t have a male lead at the moment as Simmons co-stars on the ABC series Family Tools. He is expected to be released soon as Family Tools will be cancelled.
Parker Posey Exits New NBC Series ‘The Family Guide’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot