There will be a recasting on NBC‘s newly picked up comedy series The Family Guide, from DJ Nash. Parker Posey, who played the female lead in the pilot, won’t continue on the series. The project, written/exec produced by Nash, is about a son who idolizes his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and is bemused by his mother’s newfound adolescence who watches his family come closer together post-divorce. Posey played the mother. Technically, The Family Guide also doesn’t have a male lead at the moment as Simmons co-stars on the ABC series Family Tools. He is expected to be released soon as Family Tools will be cancelled.
Parker Posey Exits New NBC Series ‘The Family Guide’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'