The NCAA men’s basketball title game traditionally has been held on a viewer-unfriendly Monday night — and in a couple of years fans will need pay TV to watch it at home. CBS and TBS said today that the cable network will carry the semifinal Final Four games in 2014 and 2015, with CBS airing the championship game. But as the next presidential election begins to heat up in spring 2016, TBS will carry the NCAA Tournament semis and title game, marking the first college men’s hoops championship to air on cable. After that, the networks will alternate showing the March Madness semifinals and final as a package every year through 2024. CBS and Turner Networks inked a 14-year deal with the NCAA in 2010 to offer the Final Four and championship games, and they announced then that the final eventually would be shown on cable, but they hadn’t said when that would take place until today.
NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Will Post Up On Cable In 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship