There will be some recasting on NBC’s newly picked up multi-camera comedy series Undateable, from Warner Bros. TV and Bill Lawrence’s Doozer Prods. The bromantic comedy centers on Danny (Chris D’Elia) and Justin (Brent Morin) — two very different guys who are bonded by their common inability to attract women. One of the recastings was expected. It involves Briga Heelan, who stepped in at the last minute to replace originally cast Aly Michalka. Heelan plays the female lead in Lawrence’s TBS comedy Ground Floor, which was picked up to series the same day as Undateable. Her casting as a guest star on Undateable stemmed from her relationship with Lawrence and Warners on Ground Floor. There was an effort to find a way for her to do both series but that proved impossible, so the role on Undateable, Maddie, a waitress in Justin’s (Morin) bar who is endlessly attracted to jerks and bad pickup lines, will now be recast. Also leaving the project is Matthew Wilkas, who played Brett, Justin’s gay and prohibitively picky undateable friend who always finds something wrong with a guy.
NBC’s ‘Undateable’ To Recast Two Roles
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…