NBC‘s one-hour live Healing In The Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert hosted by Oklahoma native and The Voice judge Blake Shelton on Wednesday raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales, the Associated Press has reported. Proceeds are headed to the United Way of Central Oklahoma to help victims of the May 20 tornado that decimated Moore, Okla., killing dozens. The country act-heavy concert, which also aired on NBCUniversal networks Style, CMT, G4, Bravo, E! and Palladia either live or delayed, drew 8.6 million viewers to NBC, making it the most-watched show in the 9-10 PM time slot since November 7.
NBC Tornado Benefit Concert Raises $6M
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…
- Elizabeth Perkins Joins ‘Preacher’ Cast