NBC‘s one-hour live Healing In The Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert hosted by Oklahoma native and The Voice judge Blake Shelton on Wednesday raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales, the Associated Press has reported. Proceeds are headed to the United Way of Central Oklahoma to help victims of the May 20 tornado that decimated Moore, Okla., killing dozens. The country act-heavy concert, which also aired on NBCUniversal networks Style, CMT, G4, Bravo, E! and Palladia either live or delayed, drew 8.6 million viewers to NBC, making it the most-watched show in the 9-10 PM time slot since November 7.
NBC Tornado Benefit Concert Raises $6M
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer