NBC‘s one-hour live Healing In The Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert hosted by Oklahoma native and The Voice judge Blake Shelton on Wednesday raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales, the Associated Press has reported. Proceeds are headed to the United Way of Central Oklahoma to help victims of the May 20 tornado that decimated Moore, Okla., killing dozens. The country act-heavy concert, which also aired on NBCUniversal networks Style, CMT, G4, Bravo, E! and Palladia either live or delayed, drew 8.6 million viewers to NBC, making it the most-watched show in the 9-10 PM time slot since November 7.
NBC Tornado Benefit Concert Raises $6M
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories