NBC‘s one-hour live Healing In The Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert hosted by Oklahoma native and The Voice judge Blake Shelton on Wednesday raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales, the Associated Press has reported. Proceeds are headed to the United Way of Central Oklahoma to help victims of the May 20 tornado that decimated Moore, Okla., killing dozens. The country act-heavy concert, which also aired on NBCUniversal networks Style, CMT, G4, Bravo, E! and Palladia either live or delayed, drew 8.6 million viewers to NBC, making it the most-watched show in the 9-10 PM time slot since November 7.
NBC Tornado Benefit Concert Raises $6M
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words
- Jon Cor Joins ‘Shadowhunters’ On ABC Family
- Keke Palmer Joins ‘Grease: Live’ On Fox
- Graham Moore-Marc Forster Outbreak Drama Gets 10-Episode NBC Series Order
- Evolution Media Ups Alex Baskin To Partner, Expands Creative Team
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Jonathan Tropper Inks Deal With HBO-Cinemax