A number of online and SMS votes cast for the finalists on NBC’s The Voice this week have been thrown out after the company tallying the votes, Telescope, “caught an inconsistency in a portion of this week’s voting data”, according to Telescope CEO Jason George. The issue was addressed on the show tonight and by NBC in a statement. “Telescope, the independent company that administers voting for the show, has certified that removing those votes does not affect the outcome for any team,” the network said. Voting snafus are not that rare on talent competition shows. Fox’s American Idol has had its share over the years, including a voting-number mixup in Season 4.
NBC Acknowledges Voting Irregularities On This Week’s ‘The Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still Debuting…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations