A number of online and SMS votes cast for the finalists on NBC’s The Voice this week have been thrown out after the company tallying the votes, Telescope, “caught an inconsistency in a portion of this week’s voting data”, according to Telescope CEO Jason George. The issue was addressed on the show tonight and by NBC in a statement. “Telescope, the independent company that administers voting for the show, has certified that removing those votes does not affect the outcome for any team,” the network said. Voting snafus are not that rare on talent competition shows. Fox’s American Idol has had its share over the years, including a voting-number mixup in Season 4.
NBC Acknowledges Voting Irregularities On This Week’s ‘The Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson
- Samuel Baum Inks 2-Year Deal With HBO