A number of online and SMS votes cast for the finalists on NBC’s The Voice this week have been thrown out after the company tallying the votes, Telescope, “caught an inconsistency in a portion of this week’s voting data”, according to Telescope CEO Jason George. The issue was addressed on the show tonight and by NBC in a statement. “Telescope, the independent company that administers voting for the show, has certified that removing those votes does not affect the outcome for any team,” the network said. Voting snafus are not that rare on talent competition shows. Fox’s American Idol has had its share over the years, including a voting-number mixup in Season 4.
NBC Acknowledges Voting Irregularities On This Week’s ‘The Voice’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History