A number of online and SMS votes cast for the finalists on NBC’s The Voice this week have been thrown out after the company tallying the votes, Telescope, “caught an inconsistency in a portion of this week’s voting data”, according to Telescope CEO Jason George. The issue was addressed on the show tonight and by NBC in a statement. “Telescope, the independent company that administers voting for the show, has certified that removing those votes does not affect the outcome for any team,” the network said. Voting snafus are not that rare on talent competition shows. Fox’s American Idol has had its share over the years, including a voting-number mixup in Season 4.
NBC Acknowledges Voting Irregularities On This Week’s ‘The Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait