A number of online and SMS votes cast for the finalists on NBC’s The Voice this week have been thrown out after the company tallying the votes, Telescope, “caught an inconsistency in a portion of this week’s voting data”, according to Telescope CEO Jason George. The issue was addressed on the show tonight and by NBC in a statement. “Telescope, the independent company that administers voting for the show, has certified that removing those votes does not affect the outcome for any team,” the network said. Voting snafus are not that rare on talent competition shows. Fox’s American Idol has had its share over the years, including a voting-number mixup in Season 4.
NBC Acknowledges Voting Irregularities On This Week’s ‘The Voice’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury