EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin will be the on-air host of National Geographic Channel‘s Friday primetime programming block Night Of Exploration, which features programming that celebrates the spirit of exploration and groundbreaking discoveries. His duties begin June 14 with Crossing The Ice, which follows two Australians as they attempt to become the first to journey from the edge of Antarctica to the South Pole and back unassisted. The network also has unveiled premiere dates for five new summer series, including the newly announced The Castle (TBA August), a spinoff from Nat Geo’s popular series Doomsday Preppers, and Inside Secret America (July 10 at 10 PM). The Castle, from Doomsday Preppers producer Sharp Entertainment, features American prepper Brent Bruns who builds a castle deep in the South Carolina woods that will serve as a bunker in case an electromagnetic burst results in a massive power outage. On Inside Secret America, a Nat Geo TV production, investigative journalists Mariana van Zeller and Darren Foster go inside the nation’s underground networks to the heart of America’s most controversial issues. The two series join previously announced new series Battleground Afghanistan (July 1, 9 PM), Eyewitness War (July 1, 10 PM & 10:30 PM), and Inside The American Mob (July 28, 9 PM), as well as returning shows Doomsday Preppers, Ultimate Survival Alaska, Life Below Zero, Taboo USA and Diggers.
Nat Geo Taps Alec Baldwin To Host Weekly Programming Block, Sets Summer Lineup
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners