NASCAR and Fox Sports have yet to reveal the cause of Sunday night’s accident in which a nylon camera rope fell onto the track and into the stands during the Coca-Cola 600. Ten attendees were injured with cuts and bruises and several cars damaged in the incident, which caused officials to temporarily halt the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway nearly a third of the way in. Use of the three-rope overhead camera system made by Austria-based CamCat has been suspended indefinitely, Fox said in a statement.
NASCAR, Fox Investigating Cause Of Coca-Cola 600 Accident
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way