NASCAR and Fox Sports have yet to reveal the cause of Sunday night’s accident in which a nylon camera rope fell onto the track and into the stands during the Coca-Cola 600. Ten attendees were injured with cuts and bruises and several cars damaged in the incident, which caused officials to temporarily halt the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway nearly a third of the way in. Use of the three-rope overhead camera system made by Austria-based CamCat has been suspended indefinitely, Fox said in a statement.
NASCAR, Fox Investigating Cause Of Coca-Cola 600 Accident
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'