NASCAR and Fox Sports have yet to reveal the cause of Sunday night’s accident in which a nylon camera rope fell onto the track and into the stands during the Coca-Cola 600. Ten attendees were injured with cuts and bruises and several cars damaged in the incident, which caused officials to temporarily halt the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway nearly a third of the way in. Use of the three-rope overhead camera system made by Austria-based CamCat has been suspended indefinitely, Fox said in a statement.
NASCAR, Fox Investigating Cause Of Coca-Cola 600 Accident
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz