EXCLUSIVE: Marking their sixth teaming, Michael Caine has been set to star in the Christopher Nolan-directed Interstellar for Paramount and Warner Bros. Caine, who worked on three Nolan-helmed Dark Knight movies, also starred in Inception and The Prestige. He joins Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain in a project where Nolan rewrote a script by his brother Jonah, and the ambition is a heroic interstellar voyage to the farthest borders of our scientific understanding. It is shaping up to be a very ambitious and well-cast undertaking. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing with Lynda Obst. Next up for Caine, repped by ICM Partners and 42, is the Lionsgate/Summit magician heist pic Now You See Me with Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo and Isla Fisher, due out May 31. He also has been booked for Millennium Films’ Eliza Graves with Ben Kingsley and Kate Beckinsale, which begins shooting next month.
Michael Caine Joins Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’