EXCLUSIVE: Marking their sixth teaming, Michael Caine has been set to star in the Christopher Nolan-directed Interstellar for Paramount and Warner Bros. Caine, who worked on three Nolan-helmed Dark Knight movies, also starred in Inception and The Prestige. He joins Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain in a project where Nolan rewrote a script by his brother Jonah, and the ambition is a heroic interstellar voyage to the farthest borders of our scientific understanding. It is shaping up to be a very ambitious and well-cast undertaking. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing with Lynda Obst. Next up for Caine, repped by ICM Partners and 42, is the Lionsgate/Summit magician heist pic Now You See Me with Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo and Isla Fisher, due out May 31. He also has been booked for Millennium Films’ Eliza Graves with Ben Kingsley and Kate Beckinsale, which begins shooting next month.
Michael Caine Joins Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest Film News
- Allison Janney & Jim Gaffigan To Co-Star In Amazon’s 'Troupe Zero'
- James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty’ Selling Three Times What ‘Fire And Fury’ Did In First Week
- Disney Previews Opening Scene Of 'Incredibles 2 – CinemaCon
- The H Collective: Sherryl Clark Hired As New Production President, Del Mayberry As CFO, Others Promoted
- Disney Teases Live-Action ‘Lion King’, ‘Aladdin’, ‘Dumbo’ & More At CinemaCon…
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Eyes $498M WW Opening, And Beyond – Global Preview