EXCLUSIVE: The production companies Benderspink and Broken Road have teamed to make a rights deal with the Middle Ages-centric Medieval Times. Their aim is to take the branded dinner and tournament venue and get medieval on turning it into a feature film property. They’re putting together a package to shop to studios. Medieval Times has hosted over 53 million visitors to date in nine locations. Each event pits six knights in jousting tournaments and swordfighting competitions for the title of King’s Champion. Each location is housed in a replica 11th-century Spanish castle and features 30 horses and 75 actors. They celebrate 30 years of business this December. The chain was seen in The Cable Guy and Garden State. Benderspink has The Hangover Part III and We’re The Millers coming this summer. Broken Road’s Todd Garner is in post on Black Sky for New Line, and he also recently sold Tag, which now has Will Ferrell and Jack Black attached.
Medieval Times Headed For Movie Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations