EXCLUSIVE: The production companies Benderspink and Broken Road have teamed to make a rights deal with the Middle Ages-centric Medieval Times. Their aim is to take the branded dinner and tournament venue and get medieval on turning it into a feature film property. They’re putting together a package to shop to studios. Medieval Times has hosted over 53 million visitors to date in nine locations. Each event pits six knights in jousting tournaments and swordfighting competitions for the title of King’s Champion. Each location is housed in a replica 11th-century Spanish castle and features 30 horses and 75 actors. They celebrate 30 years of business this December. The chain was seen in The Cable Guy and Garden State. Benderspink has The Hangover Part III and We’re The Millers coming this summer. Broken Road’s Todd Garner is in post on Black Sky for New Line, and he also recently sold Tag, which now has Will Ferrell and Jack Black attached.
Medieval Times Headed For Movie Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’