EXCLUSIVE: The production companies Benderspink and Broken Road have teamed to make a rights deal with the Middle Ages-centric Medieval Times. Their aim is to take the branded dinner and tournament venue and get medieval on turning it into a feature film property. They’re putting together a package to shop to studios. Medieval Times has hosted over 53 million visitors to date in nine locations. Each event pits six knights in jousting tournaments and swordfighting competitions for the title of King’s Champion. Each location is housed in a replica 11th-century Spanish castle and features 30 horses and 75 actors. They celebrate 30 years of business this December. The chain was seen in The Cable Guy and Garden State. Benderspink has The Hangover Part III and We’re The Millers coming this summer. Broken Road’s Todd Garner is in post on Black Sky for New Line, and he also recently sold Tag, which now has Will Ferrell and Jack Black attached.
Medieval Times Headed For Movie Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’