EXCLUSIVE: The production companies Benderspink and Broken Road have teamed to make a rights deal with the Middle Ages-centric Medieval Times. Their aim is to take the branded dinner and tournament venue and get medieval on turning it into a feature film property. They’re putting together a package to shop to studios. Medieval Times has hosted over 53 million visitors to date in nine locations. Each event pits six knights in jousting tournaments and swordfighting competitions for the title of King’s Champion. Each location is housed in a replica 11th-century Spanish castle and features 30 horses and 75 actors. They celebrate 30 years of business this December. The chain was seen in The Cable Guy and Garden State. Benderspink has The Hangover Part III and We’re The Millers coming this summer. Broken Road’s Todd Garner is in post on Black Sky for New Line, and he also recently sold Tag, which now has Will Ferrell and Jack Black attached.
Medieval Times Headed For Movie Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- Attorney Gloria Allred, Subject Of Emmy-Contending Doc, On Bill Cosby Sentencing, Friars Roast & ‘Seeing Allred…
- ‘A Simple Favor’ Teaser: Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively In Thriller From Paul Feig
- Vancouver’s Public Transportation Service “Pauses” Relationship With Morgan Freeman Following Allegations
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders,’ Tommy Wirkola’s Next Thriller
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- ‘Shooting In Vain’ Trailer: Indie Drama About The Needle And The Damage Done