CG specialist Marza Animation Planet is in pre-production on their first animated feature under newly appointed CEO Masanao Maeda, the company announced today. Maeda previously served as President and COO of SEGA of America before moving to Marza, which is financed by the SEGA SAMMY Group holding company. The animated family flick Robodog follows two odd-couple canines, one a robot and one a real dog, as they embark on an adventure and find their place in the world. Henry F. Anderson III, who was animation director on Disney’s hit Gnomeo & Juliet, has been tapped to helm. Robert Reece penned the script. Paul Wang (Astro Boy, TMNT) is producing. Production is aiming for an international cast of A-list voice talent. Robodog is the first feature in a planned lineup of 3D animated pics for Marza, which is based in Tokyo and San Francisco. SEGA SAMMY’s IP library includes games Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, and Sonic The Hedgehog.
Cannes: Marza Ramps Up 3D Animation Slate With ‘Robodog’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'