CG specialist Marza Animation Planet is in pre-production on their first animated feature under newly appointed CEO Masanao Maeda, the company announced today. Maeda previously served as President and COO of SEGA of America before moving to Marza, which is financed by the SEGA SAMMY Group holding company. The animated family flick Robodog follows two odd–couple canines, one a robot and one a real dog, as they embark on an adventure and find their place in the world. Henry F. Anderson III, who was animation director on Disney’s hit Gnomeo & Juliet, has been tapped to helm. Robert Reece penned the script. Paul Wang (Astro Boy, TMNT) is producing. Production is aiming for an international cast of A-list voice talent. Robodog is the first feature in a planned lineup of 3D animated pics for Marza, which is based in Tokyo and San Francisco. SEGA SAMMY’s IP library includes games Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, and Sonic The Hedgehog.
Cannes: Marza Ramps Up 3D Animation Slate With ‘Robodog’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?
- ‘Desierto’ Trailer: Jonas Cuarón’s Border Thriller Starring Gael Garcia Bernal & Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Review: Real-Life Disaster Movie Explosive But Not Compelling