CG specialist Marza Animation Planet is in pre-production on their first animated feature under newly appointed CEO Masanao Maeda, the company announced today. Maeda previously served as President and COO of SEGA of America before moving to Marza, which is financed by the SEGA SAMMY Group holding company. The animated family flick Robodog follows two odd-couple canines, one a robot and one a real dog, as they embark on an adventure and find their place in the world. Henry F. Anderson III, who was animation director on Disney’s hit Gnomeo & Juliet, has been tapped to helm. Robert Reece penned the script. Paul Wang (Astro Boy, TMNT) is producing. Production is aiming for an international cast of A-list voice talent. Robodog is the first feature in a planned lineup of 3D animated pics for Marza, which is based in Tokyo and San Francisco. SEGA SAMMY’s IP library includes games Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi, and Sonic The Hedgehog.
Cannes: Marza Ramps Up 3D Animation Slate With ‘Robodog’
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Citing 'Greatest American Hero' Case, Judge Rules 'Three's Company' Parody Doesn't Violate Copyright: Media
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”