Former LA newsman Mario Machado, known for playing reporters and interviewers in movies like RoboCop and Rocky III, died Saturday in a convalescent home in West Hills, CA. He was 78. The LA Times obituary says he had Parkinson’s disease, according to his daughter. Machado worked at LA’s CBS-TV among other local stations, starting his career in 1967 at KHJ-TV (now KCAL-TV) as an on-air news reporter, a first for a Chinese-American, according to LARadio.com. He also was a soccer commentator. His film and TV credits include Scarface and the 1971 TV movie Brian’s Song.
R.I.P. Mario Machado
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale