Former LA newsman Mario Machado, known for playing reporters and interviewers in movies like RoboCop and Rocky III, died Saturday in a convalescent home in West Hills, CA. He was 78. The LA Times obituary says he had Parkinson’s disease, according to his daughter. Machado worked at LA’s CBS-TV among other local stations, starting his career in 1967 at KHJ-TV (now KCAL-TV) as an on-air news reporter, a first for a Chinese-American, according to LARadio.com. He also was a soccer commentator. His film and TV credits include Scarface and the 1971 TV movie Brian’s Song.
R.I.P. Mario Machado
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film