Former LA newsman Mario Machado, known for playing reporters and interviewers in movies like RoboCop and Rocky III, died Saturday in a convalescent home in West Hills, CA. He was 78. The LA Times obituary says he had Parkinson’s disease, according to his daughter. Machado worked at LA’s CBS-TV among other local stations, starting his career in 1967 at KHJ-TV (now KCAL-TV) as an on-air news reporter, a first for a Chinese-American, according to LARadio.com. He also was a soccer commentator. His film and TV credits include Scarface and the 1971 TV movie Brian’s Song.
R.I.P. Mario Machado
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con