Former LA newsman Mario Machado, known for playing reporters and interviewers in movies like RoboCop and Rocky III, died Saturday in a convalescent home in West Hills, CA. He was 78. The LA Times obituary says he had Parkinson’s disease, according to his daughter. Machado worked at LA’s CBS-TV among other local stations, starting his career in 1967 at KHJ-TV (now KCAL-TV) as an on-air news reporter, a first for a Chinese-American, according to LARadio.com. He also was a soccer commentator. His film and TV credits include Scarface and the 1971 TV movie Brian’s Song.
R.I.P. Mario Machado
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast