The 2012 London Olympics were nothing short of smashing (and wouldn’t NBC love some of those ratings today?). Now comes the official documentary of the games, First, an insider look at several rookie Olympians who bypassed car surfing and beer pong to focus on their golden dreams. The film focuses on young athletes in sports ranging from running to swimming, gymnastics to diving, cycling to BMX, boxing to judo and covering Olympians from the U.S. — including teenage four-time gold medalist Missy Franklin — China, Kenya, Ireland, South Africa and elsewhere. The doc from writer-director-producer Caroline Rowland will hit theaters May 30, followed by a July 27 airing on NBC.
London Olympics Doc ‘First’ Set For Theaters, NBC: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'