EXCLUSIVE: A film about two abandoned and scared boys trying to survive in New York City has found a new home. Codeblack Films has picked up US distribution for The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete. The George Tillman Jr-directed film made its debut at the Sundance Film Festival on January 25. With 13-year-old Skylan Brooks as Mister and Ethan Dizon as 9-year-old Pete, Inevitable Defeat also stars Jeffrey Wright, Jordin Sparks, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Jennifer Hudson and Anthony Mackie. Michael Starrbury wrote the movie. Jana Edelbaum, Rachel Cohen, and Bob Teitel produced with Alicia Keys, Susan Lewis, Clay Floren, Aimee Shieh, Julio Depietro, Keith Kjarval, Mary Vernieu, and Amy Nauiokas executive producing. Inevitable Defeat was the debut of multiplatinum songstress Keys as a producer. Codeblack Films was launched by Lionsgate in May 2012 to develop and distribute films and other media for the urban market. The deal with the Lionsgate division was negotiated by CAA on behalf of the filmmakers with Marc Danon, Lionsgate’s VP Acquisitions & Business Development, and Jean Chi, SVP Business & Legal Affairs.
Lionsgate’s Codeblack Films Acquires Sundance Pic ‘The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete’
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster