EXCLUSIVE: A film about two abandoned and scared boys trying to survive in New York City has found a new home. Codeblack Films has picked up US distribution for The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete. The George Tillman Jr-directed film made its debut at the Sundance Film Festival on January 25. With 13-year-old Skylan Brooks as Mister and Ethan Dizon as 9-year-old Pete, Inevitable Defeat also stars Jeffrey Wright, Jordin Sparks, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Jennifer Hudson and Anthony Mackie. Michael Starrbury wrote the movie. Jana Edelbaum, Rachel Cohen, and Bob Teitel produced with Alicia Keys, Susan Lewis, Clay Floren, Aimee Shieh, Julio Depietro, Keith Kjarval, Mary Vernieu, and Amy Nauiokas executive producing. Inevitable Defeat was the debut of multiplatinum songstress Keys as a producer. Codeblack Films was launched by Lionsgate in May 2012 to develop and distribute films and other media for the urban market. The deal with the Lionsgate division was negotiated by CAA on behalf of the filmmakers with Marc Danon, Lionsgate’s VP Acquisitions & Business Development, and Jean Chi, SVP Business & Legal Affairs.
Lionsgate’s Codeblack Films Acquires Sundance Pic ‘The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona