EXCLUSIVE: Forget the affable Frasier Crane; Kelsey Grammer is embracing his inner bad guy. After his Golden Globe turn as the ruthless politician in Boss, Grammer has just landed the key villain role in Michael Bay‘s next Transformers film, which also stars Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci. I’m told that Grammer will play Harold Attinger, a counter intelligence guy. Now, Grammer has been in big films before–he played The Beast in X-Men: The Last Stand–but he moved to UTA a couple of months ago, hoping to get more feature opportunities and the agency certainly came through. He’s also managed by Brian Sher. The film begins production in July, from a script by Ehren Kruger. Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Ian Bryce, Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy are the producers.
Kelsey Grammer Lands Lead (Human) Villain In ‘Transformers’ Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Distribution Prez Tells Deadline: Exhibitors Not Sore Over 'The Interview'
- THR Calls George Clooney And Bryan Lourd Liars: Here's The Backstory On Sony Petition
- Sony Handling Of 'The Interview' Release Puts Big Exhibitors On Warpath; VOD Next Shoe To Drop?
- 'Inherent Vice's Katherine Waterston Lands Lead In Steve Jobs Film
- Star Trek 3's New Director Will Be 'Fast & Furious 6′ Helmer Justin Lin
- 'Today' Show Boots Amy Adams – Just Because She Didn't Want To Discuss Sony Hacking