Keira Knightley is in negotiations to step into the lead in Lynn Shelton‘s indie dark comedy. Laggies, written by Andrea Siegel, follows a woman who hides out for a week with a 16-year-old (Chloë Grace Moretz) under the pretense of going to a work retreat after her boyfriend proposes. Sam Rockwell is also lined up to co-star. Anne Hathaway was in negotiations to star just last month but scheduling conflicts with Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar forced her to drop out. Steve Golin, Alix Madigan and Rosalie Swedlin will produce Laggies for Anonymous Content. Knightley and Hathaway are repped by CAA.
Keira Knightley Replacing Anne Hathaway In ‘Laggies’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes Release Date On ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Again
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016