Howard Stern got Katie Couric during his Sirius XM radio show to reveal that at some point there were “cautious overtures” from NBC about her returning to Today, where she spent 16 years. The morning show has had its share of troubles, from ratings declines to backlash over the ouster of Ann Curry. At one point before ABC signed Couric to their long-term deal, there had been discussions about her and her former Today cohort Matt Lauer reuniting for her syndicated talk show but never grew beyond that.
Katie Couric Was Courted To Return To ‘Today': Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award