Howard Stern got Katie Couric during his Sirius XM radio show to reveal that at some point there were “cautious overtures” from NBC about her returning to Today, where she spent 16 years. The morning show has had its share of troubles, from ratings declines to backlash over the ouster of Ann Curry. At one point before ABC signed Couric to their long-term deal, there had been discussions about her and her former Today cohort Matt Lauer reuniting for her syndicated talk show but never grew beyond that.
Katie Couric Was Courted To Return To ‘Today’: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon