The Southern Gothic horror thriller written and directed by Chad Crawford Kinkle won Slamdance’s Grand Prize Screenwriting Award in 2011 and was a Special Screening selection at this year’s fest. Producer Modernciné announced today that Jug Face will see a pre-theatrical VOD rollout July 8, with a day-and-date VOD and theatrical release August 9 via Modernciné’s new distribution outfit Modern Distributors. The plot centers on a demonic power worshiped by an isolated rural community that offers health and protection in exchange for human sacrifices, identified when their faces materialize on ceramic jugs. Bloody chaos ensues when the newest victim is hidden from the monster. Lauren Ashley Carter, Sean Bridgers, Sean Young, Larry Fessenden and Daniel Manche star. Gravitas Ventures acquired digital rights in March.
Slamdance Pic ‘Jug Face’ Gets Release Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’