The Southern Gothic horror thriller written and directed by Chad Crawford Kinkle won Slamdance’s Grand Prize Screenwriting Award in 2011 and was a Special Screening selection at this year’s fest. Producer Modernciné announced today that Jug Face will see a pre-theatrical VOD rollout July 8, with a day-and-date VOD and theatrical release August 9 via Modernciné’s new distribution outfit Modern Distributors. The plot centers on a demonic power worshiped by an isolated rural community that offers health and protection in exchange for human sacrifices, identified when their faces materialize on ceramic jugs. Bloody chaos ensues when the newest victim is hidden from the monster. Lauren Ashley Carter, Sean Bridgers, Sean Young, Larry Fessenden and Daniel Manche star. Gravitas Ventures acquired digital rights in March.
Slamdance Pic ‘Jug Face’ Gets Release Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'