The Southern Gothic horror thriller written and directed by Chad Crawford Kinkle won Slamdance’s Grand Prize Screenwriting Award in 2011 and was a Special Screening selection at this year’s fest. Producer Modernciné announced today that Jug Face will see a pre-theatrical VOD rollout July 8, with a day-and-date VOD and theatrical release August 9 via Modernciné’s new distribution outfit Modern Distributors. The plot centers on a demonic power worshiped by an isolated rural community that offers health and protection in exchange for human sacrifices, identified when their faces materialize on ceramic jugs. Bloody chaos ensues when the newest victim is hidden from the monster. Lauren Ashley Carter, Sean Bridgers, Sean Young, Larry Fessenden and Daniel Manche star. Gravitas Ventures acquired digital rights in March.
Slamdance Pic ‘Jug Face’ Gets Release Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It