Judy Greer is set as the female lead opposite Nat Faxon in FX‘s untitled Andrew Gurland comedy pilot. The half-hour comedy is about the lengths to which two best friends are willing to go to salvage their marriage. Lina Bowman (Greer) and her husband Russ Bowman (Faxon) get along great in every room except the bedroom. Living in a new city with no friends, and overwhelmed by her three young daughters, at the end of the day Lina would rather curl up with vampire fan fiction than her always-horny husband. In order to save their otherwise great marriage and family, she gives her husband permission to take care of his needs elsewhere. Gurland, who wrote the script, will also direct and executive produce alongside Paul Young and Peter Principato. Salamo Levin serves as a producer. The pilot will be produced by FX Prods and will shoot this summer in Los Angeles. The pilot expands Greer’s relationship with FX to the live-action side — she is part of the voice cast of the network’s hit animated comedy Archer. Greer, repped by Principato Young, CAA, and Fred Toczke, is seen reprising her character on Arrested Development and is shooting Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.
Judy Greer To Star In FX’s Andrew Gurland Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup