Upcoming cable news channel Al Jazeera America has hired veteran business news journalist John Meehan as senior executive producer of the channel’s financial and business coverage. Meehan was also named senior executive producer of the new business magazine program that will be hosted by former CNN chief business correspondent Ali Velshi. For the last year, Meehan has been a freelance strategist. Before that, he was global executive producer at Thomson Reuters, where he supervised production at “Reuters Insider” and developed a series of digital multimedia white papers, examining such topics as the growth of high-frequency trading. Meehan previously was managing editor at Bloomberg Television, the senior news editor at CNBC, the Paris correspondent for the Associated Press-Dow Jones and an associate editor at Businessweek.
John Meehan To Oversee Financial & Business Coverage For Al Jazeera America
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter