Upcoming cable news channel Al Jazeera America has hired veteran business news journalist John Meehan as senior executive producer of the channel’s financial and business coverage. Meehan was also named senior executive producer of the new business magazine program that will be hosted by former CNN chief business correspondent Ali Velshi. For the last year, Meehan has been a freelance strategist. Before that, he was global executive producer at Thomson Reuters, where he supervised production at “Reuters Insider” and developed a series of digital multimedia white papers, examining such topics as the growth of high-frequency trading. Meehan previously was managing editor at Bloomberg Television, the senior news editor at CNBC, the Paris correspondent for the Associated Press-Dow Jones and an associate editor at Businessweek.
John Meehan To Oversee Financial & Business Coverage For Al Jazeera America
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship