EXCLUSIVE: John Lesher‘s Le Grisbi Productions is teamed with DCM Productions on The Kings Of Rome, a script that will be written by Don MacPherson. The writer penned the upcoming BBC mini Fleming, detailing the exploits of James Bond creator Ian Fleming during WWII. The drama is about an American investigator sent to Rome to collect a debt. There, he gets sucked into a Dantean underworld of corruption, sex and murder that reaches to the highest echelons of the Vatican. It’s the second pic Lesher is doing with DCM; they are teamed on Harmony Korine’s untitled followup to Spring Breakers. DCM is a Berlin-based production company which co-financed and produced the Dustin Hoffman-directed Quartet, and the Best Foreign Language nominee Kon-Tiki. Lesher’s currently in New York shooting the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed comedy Birdman, and the Guillaume Canet-directed Blood Ties, which is premiering here in Cannes. He’s also producing the David Ayer-directed WWII tank drama Fury that stars Brad Pitt, and is in pre-production on Black Mass, the story of the alliance between Boston mobster Whitey Bulger (Johnny Depp) and FBI agent and childhood pal John Connolly (Joel Edgerton) that drove Bulger’s rise to power and helped him escape when he was about to be arrested. Barry Levinson is directing.
John Lesher’s Le Grisbi Teams With DCM Productions For ‘The Kings Of Rome’
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role