After 13 seasons, A&E‘s Intervention is coming to an end. The final five episodes of the Emmy-winning series will air beginning Thursday, June 13 at 9 PM, the network announced today. Intervention brings attention to the social, economic and environmental cost of drug addiction, alcohol abuse and compulsive behavior. Each episode follows addicts through their daily life and the devastation their dependency has brought to their family and friends. Upon reaching the brink, their loved ones stage a surprise intervention conducted by one of four specialists. In the end, they are pushed to get the help they need with the hope of turning their lives around before it’s too late. Intervention is produced by GRB Entertainment for A&E Network. Gary Benz, Michael Branton and Dan Partland are executive producers. Sam Mettler is executive consultant. A&E executive producers are David McKillop, Elaine Frontain Bryant and Brad Holcman.
A&E Cancels ‘Intervention’ Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date