EXCLUSIVE: Lights Out star Holt McCallany has booked a lead role opposite Chris Hemsworth and Viola Davis in the untitled Legendary Pictures movie being directed by Michael Mann that centers on cyber terrorism. The thriller is expected to begin shooting this month in China. The plot is being kept quiet, but McCallany will play a street-smart U.S. Marshal charged with the custody of Hemsworth’s character. McCallany played heavyweight champ Patrick “Lights Out” Leary on the FX series that lasted one season. That jump-started a string of feature roles including in Gangster Squad and Bullet To The Head. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Boards Michael Mann’s Cyber Crime Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Reese Witherspoon Says She Was Sexually Assaulted By Director At Age 16
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel