EXCLUSIVE: HBO’s Silicon Valley-set dark comedy pilot from the King Of The Hill trio of Mike Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, producer Scott Rudin and 3 Arts has received a series order. The untitled single-camera project is set in the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. The pilot, written by Judge, Altschuler and Krinsky and directed by Judge, starred T.J. Miller, Thomas Middleditch, Josh Brener, Lindsey Broad, Christopher Evan Welch, Amanda Crew, Angela Trimbur, Zach Woods and Kumail Nanjiani. Judge, Altschuler and Krinsky executive produce the series with Rudin and 3 Arts’ Michael Rotenberg and Tom Lassally. The pickup comes on the heels of another HBO half-hour pilot getting a series order, Michael Lannan & Andrew Haigh’s untitled San Francisco project. The Judge show joins HBO’s praised current comedies Girls and Veep.
HBO Picks Up Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley Comedy To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA