EXCLUSIVE: HBO’s Silicon Valley-set dark comedy pilot from the King Of The Hill trio of Mike Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, producer Scott Rudin and 3 Arts has received a series order. The untitled single-camera project is set in the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. The pilot, written by Judge, Altschuler and Krinsky and directed by Judge, starred T.J. Miller, Thomas Middleditch, Josh Brener, Lindsey Broad, Christopher Evan Welch, Amanda Crew, Angela Trimbur, Zach Woods and Kumail Nanjiani. Judge, Altschuler and Krinsky executive produce the series with Rudin and 3 Arts’ Michael Rotenberg and Tom Lassally. The pickup comes on the heels of another HBO half-hour pilot getting a series order, Michael Lannan & Andrew Haigh’s untitled San Francisco project. The Judge show joins HBO’s praised current comedies Girls and Veep.
HBO Picks Up Mike Judge’s Silicon Valley Comedy To Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV