EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld has come aboard For The Dogs, the Phillip Noyce-directed pic that has Sam Worthington attached to star. Oren Moverman wrote the script based on an adaptation of the Kevin Wignall novel by Paul Leyden. Sierra/Affinity is selling international and CAA and Paradigm domestic beginning this week at Cannes. The pic centers on a solitary assassin (Worthington) who agrees to help a precocious teenager (Steinfeld) exact revenge on those who murdered her parents and younger brother. His guidance unleashes events that ultimately stoke her thirst for vengeance while he desperately seeks peace and absolution. The pic is being produced by Anthony Rhulen and Navid McIlhargey via FilmEngine Entertainment; Worthington, John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz for Full Clip Productions; and Leyden, who wrote the script after optioning rights out of his own pocket. Steinfeld, who just appeared in the first trailer for Summit’s November 1 pic Ender’s Game, also has the upcoming 3 Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner. She is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof + Fishman.
Cannes: Hailee Steinfeld To Star Opposite Sam Worthington In ‘For The Dogs’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies