EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld has come aboard For The Dogs, the Phillip Noyce-directed pic that has Sam Worthington attached to star. Oren Moverman wrote the script based on an adaptation of the Kevin Wignall novel by Paul Leyden. Sierra/Affinity is selling international and CAA and Paradigm domestic beginning this week at Cannes. The pic centers on a solitary assassin (Worthington) who agrees to help a precocious teenager (Steinfeld) exact revenge on those who murdered her parents and younger brother. His guidance unleashes events that ultimately stoke her thirst for vengeance while he desperately seeks peace and absolution. The pic is being produced by Anthony Rhulen and Navid McIlhargey via FilmEngine Entertainment; Worthington, John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz for Full Clip Productions; and Leyden, who wrote the script after optioning rights out of his own pocket. Steinfeld, who just appeared in the first trailer for Summit’s November 1 pic Ender’s Game, also has the upcoming 3 Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner. She is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof + Fishman.
Cannes: Hailee Steinfeld To Star Opposite Sam Worthington In ‘For The Dogs’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…