EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld has come aboard For The Dogs, the Phillip Noyce-directed pic that has Sam Worthington attached to star. Oren Moverman wrote the script based on an adaptation of the Kevin Wignall novel by Paul Leyden. Sierra/Affinity is selling international and CAA and Paradigm domestic beginning this week at Cannes. The pic centers on a solitary assassin (Worthington) who agrees to help a precocious teenager (Steinfeld) exact revenge on those who murdered her parents and younger brother. His guidance unleashes events that ultimately stoke her thirst for vengeance while he desperately seeks peace and absolution. The pic is being produced by Anthony Rhulen and Navid McIlhargey via FilmEngine Entertainment; Worthington, John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz for Full Clip Productions; and Leyden, who wrote the script after optioning rights out of his own pocket. Steinfeld, who just appeared in the first trailer for Summit’s November 1 pic Ender’s Game, also has the upcoming 3 Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner. She is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof + Fishman.
Cannes: Hailee Steinfeld To Star Opposite Sam Worthington In ‘For The Dogs’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'