EXCLUSIVE: Mike Newell’s Great Expectations starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Robbie Coltrane, Jeremy Irvine and Holliday Grainger, and the William Forsythe-starring Jack LaMotta biopic The Bronx Bull will both be released stateside on October 11, 2013. The announcement was made in Cannes by Main Street Films chairman Craig Chang and are the first pics to come from the company’s distribution division. The specialized marketing and distribution company is financed by 982 Media. Great Expectations, based on the Dickens book, premiered at Toronto last year and was released in the UK in November. Bronx Bull co-stars Joe Mantegna, Penelope Ann Miller, Paul Sorvino and Cloris Leachman, with Martin Guigui directing. “Every independent film that is made represents a small miracle, and at MSF we want to honor the achievement of the filmmakers in not only getting their film made but my ensuring that it is seen by everyone it was made for”, Chang said in announcing the dates.
Cannes: Main Street Films Sets U.S. Dates For ‘Great Expectations’ And ‘Bronx Bull’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger