EXCLUSIVE: Mike Newell’s Great Expectations starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Robbie Coltrane, Jeremy Irvine and Holliday Grainger, and the William Forsythe-starring Jack LaMotta biopic The Bronx Bull will both be released stateside on October 11, 2013. The announcement was made in Cannes by Main Street Films chairman Craig Chang and are the first pics to come from the company’s distribution division. The specialized marketing and distribution company is financed by 982 Media. Great Expectations, based on the Dickens book, premiered at Toronto last year and was released in the UK in November. Bronx Bull co-stars Joe Mantegna, Penelope Ann Miller, Paul Sorvino and Cloris Leachman, with Martin Guigui directing. “Every independent film that is made represents a small miracle, and at MSF we want to honor the achievement of the filmmakers in not only getting their film made but my ensuring that it is seen by everyone it was made for”, Chang said in announcing the dates.
Cannes: Main Street Films Sets U.S. Dates For ‘Great Expectations’ And ‘Bronx Bull’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…