EXCLUSIVE: Mike Newell’s Great Expectations starring Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Robbie Coltrane, Jeremy Irvine and Holliday Grainger, and the William Forsythe-starring Jack LaMotta biopic The Bronx Bull will both be released stateside on October 11, 2013. The announcement was made in Cannes by Main Street Films chairman Craig Chang and are the first pics to come from the company’s distribution division. The specialized marketing and distribution company is financed by 982 Media. Great Expectations, based on the Dickens book, premiered at Toronto last year and was released in the UK in November. Bronx Bull co-stars Joe Mantegna, Penelope Ann Miller, Paul Sorvino and Cloris Leachman, with Martin Guigui directing. “Every independent film that is made represents a small miracle, and at MSF we want to honor the achievement of the filmmakers in not only getting their film made but my ensuring that it is seen by everyone it was made for”, Chang said in announcing the dates.
Cannes: Main Street Films Sets U.S. Dates For ‘Great Expectations’ And ‘Bronx Bull’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’