The huge opening for Iron Man 3 over the weekend gives FX Networks 10 titles that have been the highest-grossing pics at the U.S. box office during the first 18 weeks of 2013. FX has commercial TV premiere rights to Iron Man 3 as part of a previous output deal with Marvel Studios. As part of that pact it aired Iron Man 2 on Sunday, which ranked as as basic cable’s top program that night in total viewers (3.26 million), adults 18-49 (1.75 million), adults 18-34, and men 18-49 and 18-34. “Iron Man 3 is a massive success and that franchise has performed incredibly well for our networks”, said Chuck Saftler, EVP FX Networks and General Manager of FXM. “The success of Iron Man 3 along with the other titles we’ve purchased this year bodes well for future success on our three networks.” The FX Networks include FX, FXM and new entry FXX. The other hot 2013 titles that will join the FX library in mid-to-late 2015: Pain And Gain (Paramount), Oblivion (Universal), The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/Fox), A Good Day To Die Hard (FOX), Evil Dead (Sony), Identity Thief (Universal), Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Paramount), Mama (Universal), and Zero Dark Thirty (Sony).
Big Box Office Means Big Win For FX
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE