Megyn Kelly and Greta Van Susteren are both going to be at Fox News Channel for a while but it may not be in their present time slots. Both the America Live and the On The Record hosts have signed new long-term contracts with the cable news networks, sources confirm. The New York Times first reported the new deals. Details of the new contracts are sketchy but I’m told that FNC is contemplating moving rising star Kelly and veteran Van Susteren to new positions in the network’s line-up down the line. While still a big draw overall, Van Susteren’s 10 PM show has slide to all-time lows in the adults 25-54 demo in recent months and FNC has been looking for alternatives. Now with Kelly, who has been at Fox since 2004, secured again, they can start planning. One of the anchors of the network’s election night coverage last year and the host of the two-hour afternoon show, the demo friendly Kelly had been talking to Jeff Zucker’s CNN and to other broadcasters before sealing her new deal with FNC. However, it might be a while before anything actually changes at FNC. For, one, the network has stuck with its primetime line-up of The O’Reilly Factor, Sean Hannity and On The Record for years. Two, On The Record is still No. 1 in its slot in the demo and in viewers for the 11th straight year. And lastly, Kelly announced earlier this year that she is expecting a third baby, due to be born this later this summer.
Fox News Reupps Megyn Kelly & Greta Van Susteren; New Gigs Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Hits $100M+ High Note - First Sunday Update
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series