Megyn Kelly and Greta Van Susteren are both going to be at Fox News Channel for a while but it may not be in their present time slots. Both the America Live and the On The Record hosts have signed new long-term contracts with the cable news networks, sources confirm. The New York Times first reported the new deals. Details of the new contracts are sketchy but I’m told that FNC is contemplating moving rising star Kelly and veteran Van Susteren to new positions in the network’s line-up down the line. While still a big draw overall, Van Susteren’s 10 PM show has slide to all-time lows in the adults 25-54 demo in recent months and FNC has been looking for alternatives. Now with Kelly, who has been at Fox since 2004, secured again, they can start planning. One of the anchors of the network’s election night coverage last year and the host of the two-hour afternoon show, the demo friendly Kelly had been talking to Jeff Zucker’s CNN and to other broadcasters before sealing her new deal with FNC. However, it might be a while before anything actually changes at FNC. For, one, the network has stuck with its primetime line-up of The O’Reilly Factor, Sean Hannity and On The Record for years. Two, On The Record is still No. 1 in its slot in the demo and in viewers for the 11th straight year. And lastly, Kelly announced earlier this year that she is expecting a third baby, due to be born this later this summer.
Fox News Reupps Megyn Kelly & Greta Van Susteren; New Gigs Next?
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…