Jill Soloway is having a pretty good year. She won the U.S. Dramatic Directing Award at Sundance in January, and now her feature debut Afternoon Delight has a distributor. The Film Arcade acquired theatrical rights with Cinedigm handling ancillary markets. The dark comedy follows a bored woman (Kathryn Hahn) in an uneventful marriage who hires a stripper (Juno Temple) as her live-in nanny. Josh Radnor and Jane Lynch co-star in the film produced by Jen Chaiken and Sebastian Dungan. “We fell in love with Afternoon Delight at Sundance and look forward to working with Jill, Jen and Sebastian to bring their film to audiences throughout the country,” said The Film Arcade’s Miranda Bailey today in a statement. Before turning to features, Soloway earned three Emmy noms for outstanding drama series as a writer and co-executive of HBO’s Six Feet Under. Her TV credits also include How To Make It In America and United States Of Tara. UTA’s Rena Ronson and Hailey Wierengo and Linda Lichter and Jamie Feldman of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman repped the filmmakers on the deal.
Film Arcade And Cinedigm Pick Up Sundance Winner ‘Afternoon Delight’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…