Jill Soloway is having a pretty good year. She won the U.S. Dramatic Directing Award at Sundance in January, and now her feature debut Afternoon Delight has a distributor. The Film Arcade acquired theatrical rights with Cinedigm handling ancillary markets. The dark comedy follows a bored woman (Kathryn Hahn) in an uneventful marriage who hires a stripper (Juno Temple) as her live-in nanny. Josh Radnor and Jane Lynch co-star in the film produced by Jen Chaiken and Sebastian Dungan. “We fell in love with Afternoon Delight at Sundance and look forward to working with Jill, Jen and Sebastian to bring their film to audiences throughout the country,” said The Film Arcade’s Miranda Bailey today in a statement. Before turning to features, Soloway earned three Emmy noms for outstanding drama series as a writer and co-executive of HBO’s Six Feet Under. Her TV credits also include How To Make It In America and United States Of Tara. UTA’s Rena Ronson and Hailey Wierengo and Linda Lichter and Jamie Feldman of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman repped the filmmakers on the deal.
Film Arcade And Cinedigm Pick Up Sundance Winner ‘Afternoon Delight’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Tom Hiddleston Becomes Founding BFI Ambassador
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’