Jill Soloway is having a pretty good year. She won the U.S. Dramatic Directing Award at Sundance in January, and now her feature debut Afternoon Delight has a distributor. The Film Arcade acquired theatrical rights with Cinedigm handling ancillary markets. The dark comedy follows a bored woman (Kathryn Hahn) in an uneventful marriage who hires a stripper (Juno Temple) as her live-in nanny. Josh Radnor and Jane Lynch co-star in the film produced by Jen Chaiken and Sebastian Dungan. “We fell in love with Afternoon Delight at Sundance and look forward to working with Jill, Jen and Sebastian to bring their film to audiences throughout the country,” said The Film Arcade’s Miranda Bailey today in a statement. Before turning to features, Soloway earned three Emmy noms for outstanding drama series as a writer and co-executive of HBO’s Six Feet Under. Her TV credits also include How To Make It In America and United States Of Tara. UTA’s Rena Ronson and Hailey Wierengo and Linda Lichter and Jamie Feldman of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman repped the filmmakers on the deal.
Film Arcade And Cinedigm Pick Up Sundance Winner ‘Afternoon Delight’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- ‘Akicita’s Native Warriors Stood Up To “Genocide,” Violent Police Militarization At Standing Rock…
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- ‘Search’s Sev Ohanian Wins Sundance Institute/Amazon Studios Producers Award
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal – Sundance