Fast & Furious 6‘s worldwide total is now $314.3M, Universal reported today, making it the studio’s biggest opening weekend for a film ever in the U.S. ($117.1), internationally ($197.3M) and globally. It led the way on the box office’s biggest Memorial Day weekend and the biggest four-day holiday ever. It will surpass all its previous franchise incarnations overseas as of today, and is the second-biggest-opening of the year pretty much everywhere behind Iron Man 3 with six more territories — including Australia/New Zealand, Japan and China — still to play.
It’s Official: ‘Fast & Furious 6’ Universal’s Biggest Opener Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards Live Blog & Winners List (Updating Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?