Fast & Furious 6‘s worldwide total is now $314.3M, Universal reported today, making it the studio’s biggest opening weekend for a film ever in the U.S. ($117.1), internationally ($197.3M) and globally. It led the way on the box office’s biggest Memorial Day weekend and the biggest four-day holiday ever. It will surpass all its previous franchise incarnations overseas as of today, and is the second-biggest-opening of the year pretty much everywhere behind Iron Man 3 with six more territories — including Australia/New Zealand, Japan and China — still to play.
It’s Official: ‘Fast & Furious 6’ Universal’s Biggest Opener Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’