Universal has bought Family Guy writer/producer Andrew Goldberg‘s comedy pitch, about a guy who gets dumped before his wedding and takes his best man on the unrefundable honeymoon his ex-fiance planned. The pitch was inspired by a true story, but the concept of a “buddymoon,” in which friends pile onto what’s traditionally a couple’s intimate, exotic post-wedding getaway, has been Urban Dictionary fodder in recent years and even got a New York Times profile last year. Goldberg is scripting and also has the Black Listed romantic comedy Wedding Day cooking at CBS Films, as well as horror-comedy My Son Is the F’ing Antichrist which is set up at Temple Hill Entertainment. Scott Stuber and Pam Abdy will produce Buddymoon for Universal-based Bluegrass Films with Michael Clear and Universal’s EP of Production Jon Mone overseeing the project. Underground Films & Management‘s Trevor Engelson will also produce and Josh McGuire will executive produce. Jon Romano is set as co-producer. Goldberg is repped by WME and Underground.
‘Family Guy’ Alum Sells ‘Buddymoon’ Pitch To Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…