Universal has bought Family Guy writer/producer Andrew Goldberg‘s comedy pitch, about a guy who gets dumped before his wedding and takes his best man on the unrefundable honeymoon his ex-fiance planned. The pitch was inspired by a true story, but the concept of a “buddymoon,” in which friends pile onto what’s traditionally a couple’s intimate, exotic post-wedding getaway, has been Urban Dictionary fodder in recent years and even got a New York Times profile last year. Goldberg is scripting and also has the Black Listed romantic comedy Wedding Day cooking at CBS Films, as well as horror-comedy My Son Is the F’ing Antichrist which is set up at Temple Hill Entertainment. Scott Stuber and Pam Abdy will produce Buddymoon for Universal-based Bluegrass Films with Michael Clear and Universal’s EP of Production Jon Mone overseeing the project. Underground Films & Management‘s Trevor Engelson will also produce and Josh McGuire will executive produce. Jon Romano is set as co-producer. Goldberg is repped by WME and Underground.
‘Family Guy’ Alum Sells ‘Buddymoon’ Pitch To Universal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′