Universal has bought Family Guy writer/producer Andrew Goldberg‘s comedy pitch, about a guy who gets dumped before his wedding and takes his best man on the unrefundable honeymoon his ex-fiance planned. The pitch was inspired by a true story, but the concept of a “buddymoon,” in which friends pile onto what’s traditionally a couple’s intimate, exotic post-wedding getaway, has been Urban Dictionary fodder in recent years and even got a New York Times profile last year. Goldberg is scripting and also has the Black Listed romantic comedy Wedding Day cooking at CBS Films, as well as horror-comedy My Son Is the F’ing Antichrist which is set up at Temple Hill Entertainment. Scott Stuber and Pam Abdy will produce Buddymoon for Universal-based Bluegrass Films with Michael Clear and Universal’s EP of Production Jon Mone overseeing the project. Underground Films & Management‘s Trevor Engelson will also produce and Josh McGuire will executive produce. Jon Romano is set as co-producer. Goldberg is repped by WME and Underground.
‘Family Guy’ Alum Sells ‘Buddymoon’ Pitch To Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- Attorney Gloria Allred, Subject Of Emmy-Contending Doc, On Bill Cosby Sentencing, Friars Roast & ‘Seeing Allred’
- ‘A Simple Favor’ Teaser: Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively In Thriller From Paul Feig
- Vancouver’s Public Transportation Service “Pauses” Relationship With Morgan Freeman Following Allegations
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders,’ Tommy Wirkola’s Next Thriller
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- ‘Shooting In Vain’ Trailer: Indie Drama About The Needle And The Damage Done