Universal has bought Family Guy writer/producer Andrew Goldberg‘s comedy pitch, about a guy who gets dumped before his wedding and takes his best man on the unrefundable honeymoon his ex-fiance planned. The pitch was inspired by a true story, but the concept of a “buddymoon,” in which friends pile onto what’s traditionally a couple’s intimate, exotic post-wedding getaway, has been Urban Dictionary fodder in recent years and even got a New York Times profile last year. Goldberg is scripting and also has the Black Listed romantic comedy Wedding Day cooking at CBS Films, as well as horror-comedy My Son Is the F’ing Antichrist which is set up at Temple Hill Entertainment. Scott Stuber and Pam Abdy will produce Buddymoon for Universal-based Bluegrass Films with Michael Clear and Universal’s EP of Production Jon Mone overseeing the project. Underground Films & Management‘s Trevor Engelson will also produce and Josh McGuire will executive produce. Jon Romano is set as co-producer. Goldberg is repped by WME and Underground.
‘Family Guy’ Alum Sells ‘Buddymoon’ Pitch To Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview