Facebook‘s Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg were bullish about mobile ads and the apps that help drive them during the company’s Q1 earnings call today. Facebook posted revenue of $1.46B for the quarter, up 38% from $1.06B in the same period last year. Earnings excluding items were $312M, or 12 cents a share, a penny shy of Wall Street estimates. Mobile ads accounted for almost 30% of ad revenue in the quarter, up from 23% in Q4 2012. Total revenue from ads was $1.25B, up 45%. The company had an average of 665M daily active users in March, up 26% year-over-year, and 751M mobile monthly users, up 54%. The social media company’s numbers follow its recent unveiling of Facebook Home, a software-only adaptation that will “turn your Android phone into a great social device” — that also eventually will sell more mobile ads. Facebook’s share price is flat in after-hours trading.
Facebook Touts Mobile Gains In Q1 Earnings
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘The Greatest Showman’ Breakout Keala Settle Finds Inspiration In Anthemic ‘This Is Me…
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- ‘On Her Shoulders’ Teaser: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People