Epix wants to keep its subs laughing as the days get longer. The premium net today announced the lineup for its summer season of Comedy Unbound, featuring new stand-ups by Jim Breuer, Sherri Shepherd and others, which kicks off in June. Then in the fall, Epix will bow The Improv: 50 Years Behind The Brick Wall, an hourlong anniversary special about the venerable comedy clubs that have infiltrated more than two dozen U.S. cities in the past half-century. Expect comments from such punchline-practiced vets as Larry David, Jim Carrey, Judd Apatow, Billy Crystal, Keenen Ivory Wayans and Whitney Cummings. EPs are Improv founder Budd Friedman, Mark Lonow and Spotted Dog Entertainment. The Comedy Unbound specials will air at 10 PM starting June 7 with Jim Breuer: And Laughter For All. They’ll continue with Sherri Shepherd: It’s My Time To Talk (June 21), Tom Papa: Freaked Out (July 26) and Jim Norton: American Degenerate (August 23).
Epix Targets Comedy With Summer Specials
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'