Epix wants to keep its subs laughing as the days get longer. The premium net today announced the lineup for its summer season of Comedy Unbound, featuring new stand-ups by Jim Breuer, Sherri Shepherd and others, which kicks off in June. Then in the fall, Epix will bow The Improv: 50 Years Behind The Brick Wall, an hourlong anniversary special about the venerable comedy clubs that have infiltrated more than two dozen U.S. cities in the past half-century. Expect comments from such punchline-practiced vets as Larry David, Jim Carrey, Judd Apatow, Billy Crystal, Keenen Ivory Wayans and Whitney Cummings. EPs are Improv founder Budd Friedman, Mark Lonow and Spotted Dog Entertainment. The Comedy Unbound specials will air at 10 PM starting June 7 with Jim Breuer: And Laughter For All. They’ll continue with Sherri Shepherd: It’s My Time To Talk (June 21), Tom Papa: Freaked Out (July 26) and Jim Norton: American Degenerate (August 23).
Epix Targets Comedy With Summer Specials
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront