Epix wants to keep its subs laughing as the days get longer. The premium net today announced the lineup for its summer season of Comedy Unbound, featuring new stand-ups by Jim Breuer, Sherri Shepherd and others, which kicks off in June. Then in the fall, Epix will bow The Improv: 50 Years Behind The Brick Wall, an hourlong anniversary special about the venerable comedy clubs that have infiltrated more than two dozen U.S. cities in the past half-century. Expect comments from such punchline-practiced vets as Larry David, Jim Carrey, Judd Apatow, Billy Crystal, Keenen Ivory Wayans and Whitney Cummings. EPs are Improv founder Budd Friedman, Mark Lonow and Spotted Dog Entertainment. The Comedy Unbound specials will air at 10 PM starting June 7 with Jim Breuer: And Laughter For All. They’ll continue with Sherri Shepherd: It’s My Time To Talk (June 21), Tom Papa: Freaked Out (July 26) and Jim Norton: American Degenerate (August 23).
Epix Targets Comedy With Summer Specials
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'