Good Universe will handle international sales for Rocketman at the Cannes film market, pic producer Rocket Pictures said today. Michael Gracey is directing the musically inspired retelling of the life of Elton John from the original screenplay by War Horse and Billy Elliot scribe Lee Hall. Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish are producing, and Elton John will executive produce. Rocketman follows John’s life story from 5-year-old musical prodigy through his often-troubled life to becoming a global icon and one of the world’s most iconic musicians. “We’re excited to be bringing this musical event movie to Cannes.” said Rocket CEO Shaw. “It’s bold, brave and inspirational. Good Universe has great commercial sensibility and we’re delighted to have them represent us.” The deal was negotiated by Shaw for Rocket, which is repped by UTA, and Drake and Michael Meyer for Good Universe. UTA Independent Film Group is repping domestic rights.
Cannes: Elton John Biopic ‘Rocketman’ Picked Up By Good Universe
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter