Good Universe will handle international sales for Rocketman at the Cannes film market, pic producer Rocket Pictures said today. Michael Gracey is directing the musically inspired retelling of the life of Elton John from the original screenplay by War Horse and Billy Elliot scribe Lee Hall. Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish are producing, and Elton John will executive produce. Rocketman follows John’s life story from 5-year-old musical prodigy through his often-troubled life to becoming a global icon and one of the world’s most iconic musicians. “We’re excited to be bringing this musical event movie to Cannes.” said Rocket CEO Shaw. “It’s bold, brave and inspirational. Good Universe has great commercial sensibility and we’re delighted to have them represent us.” The deal was negotiated by Shaw for Rocket, which is repped by UTA, and Drake and Michael Meyer for Good Universe. UTA Independent Film Group is repping domestic rights.
Cannes: Elton John Biopic ‘Rocketman’ Picked Up By Good Universe
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'