The entertainment news org confirmed this afternoon that its @eonline Twitter feed reaching 5.2M followers was hacked earlier today. The account was subsequently suspended. E! News text subscribers also received hacked messages in the attack claimed by the Syrian Electronic Army hacker group. “Eonline’s Breaking News twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today”, E! News said in a statement. “We’re working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused”. Two weeks ago CBS News’ 48 Hours and 60 Minutes accounts were similarly hacked. Days later an attack on the AP’s Twitter feed caused a 100-point drop in the Dow Jones.
E! News Twitter Hacked
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest