The entertainment news org confirmed this afternoon that its @eonline Twitter feed reaching 5.2M followers was hacked earlier today. The account was subsequently suspended. E! News text subscribers also received hacked messages in the attack claimed by the Syrian Electronic Army hacker group. “Eonline’s Breaking News twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today”, E! News said in a statement. “We’re working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused”. Two weeks ago CBS News’ 48 Hours and 60 Minutes accounts were similarly hacked. Days later an attack on the AP’s Twitter feed caused a 100-point drop in the Dow Jones.
E! News Twitter Hacked
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'