The entertainment news org confirmed this afternoon that its @eonline Twitter feed reaching 5.2M followers was hacked earlier today. The account was subsequently suspended. E! News text subscribers also received hacked messages in the attack claimed by the Syrian Electronic Army hacker group. “Eonline’s Breaking News twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today”, E! News said in a statement. “We’re working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused”. Two weeks ago CBS News’ 48 Hours and 60 Minutes accounts were similarly hacked. Days later an attack on the AP’s Twitter feed caused a 100-point drop in the Dow Jones.
E! News Twitter Hacked
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter