The entertainment news org confirmed this afternoon that its @eonline Twitter feed reaching 5.2M followers was hacked earlier today. The account was subsequently suspended. E! News text subscribers also received hacked messages in the attack claimed by the Syrian Electronic Army hacker group. “Eonline’s Breaking News twitter and SMS accounts were compromised today”, E! News said in a statement. “We’re working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused”. Two weeks ago CBS News’ 48 Hours and 60 Minutes accounts were similarly hacked. Days later an attack on the AP’s Twitter feed caused a 100-point drop in the Dow Jones.
E! News Twitter Hacked
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center