I’ve learned that CBS has passed on high-profile drama pilot The Advocates. The project, written by The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller and directed by David Nutter, starred Mandy Moore and Ben McKenzie as a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the very edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. I hear Warner Bros. TV, which produces the project, will shop it elsewhere. Also being shopped at the moment is another CBS drama pilot that didn’t make the cut, Beverly Hills Cop. So far CBS has picked up two new drama series, Hostages, also from Warner Bros., and Intelligence, from ABC Studios/CBS TV Studios.
Drama Pilot ‘Advocates’ Gets A Pass From CBS, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night