I’ve learned that CBS has passed on high-profile drama pilot The Advocates. The project, written by The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller and directed by David Nutter, starred Mandy Moore and Ben McKenzie as a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the very edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. I hear Warner Bros. TV, which produces the project, will shop it elsewhere. Also being shopped at the moment is another CBS drama pilot that didn’t make the cut, Beverly Hills Cop. So far CBS has picked up two new drama series, Hostages, also from Warner Bros., and Intelligence, from ABC Studios/CBS TV Studios.
Drama Pilot ‘Advocates’ Gets A Pass From CBS, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…