Drafthouse Films, the distribution arm of the Alamo Drafthouse, has acquired North American rights to original horror film A Field In England. It’s the fourth feature from writer/director Ben Wheatley whose credits include the tour-de-force thriller Kill List, the 2012 Cannes selection Sightseers and a segment in The ABCs Of Death. Billed as “a psychedelic trip into magic and madness,” A Field In England follows a group of English Civil War soldiers in the 17th century who are captured by an alchemist and led into a vast mushroom field, where they fall victim to violent and nightmarish forces. Reece Shearsmith (The League Of Gentlemen), and Michael Smiley (Kill List) star. Julian Barrett (The Mighty Boosh) is also featured in the film. A theatrical and VOD release is planned for 2013. Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced A Field In England with financing via Film4.0 headed up by Anna Higgs. The deal was negotiated by Tim League and James Emanuel Shapiro on behalf of Drafthouse Films and Andy Starke of Rook Films with Anna Higgs of Film4.
Drafthouse Films Picks Up Ben Wheatley Horror Pic ‘A Field In England’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever