Drafthouse Films, the distribution arm of the Alamo Drafthouse, has acquired North American rights to original horror film A Field In England. It’s the fourth feature from writer/director Ben Wheatley whose credits include the tour-de-force thriller Kill List, the 2012 Cannes selection Sightseers and a segment in The ABCs Of Death. Billed as “a psychedelic trip into magic and madness,” A Field In England follows a group of English Civil War soldiers in the 17th century who are captured by an alchemist and led into a vast mushroom field, where they fall victim to violent and nightmarish forces. Reece Shearsmith (The League Of Gentlemen), and Michael Smiley (Kill List) star. Julian Barrett (The Mighty Boosh) is also featured in the film. A theatrical and VOD release is planned for 2013. Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced A Field In England with financing via Film4.0 headed up by Anna Higgs. The deal was negotiated by Tim League and James Emanuel Shapiro on behalf of Drafthouse Films and Andy Starke of Rook Films with Anna Higgs of Film4.
Drafthouse Films Picks Up Ben Wheatley Horror Pic ‘A Field In England’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards Live Blog & Winners List (Updating Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?