As we reported at the time of NBC’s eleventh-hour renewal of Community, there had been interest in bringing back series creator Dan Harmon for what I hear is expected to be the final 13-episode season of the cult comedy. (It is not on NBC‘s fall schedule). I have learned that both Harmon and key former Community writer-producer Chris McKenna have been approached about rejoining the show for its final chapter. Harmon is currently unattached, while McKenna is under an overall deal at NBC sibling Universal TV. McKenna, who served as co-executive producer on the Sony TV-produced Community for its first three seasons, left last May to move to Uni TV. Creator/executive producer Harmon was replaced as showrunner by David Guarascio and Moses Port a couple of weeks later. I hear Guarascio and Port had a one-year deal and were approached about coming back but opted to move on.
Dan Harmon & Chris McKenna Eye Return To ‘Community’ For Final Installment
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup