As we reported at the time of NBC’s eleventh-hour renewal of Community, there had been interest in bringing back series creator Dan Harmon for what I hear is expected to be the final 13-episode season of the cult comedy. (It is not on NBC‘s fall schedule). I have learned that both Harmon and key former Community writer-producer Chris McKenna have been approached about rejoining the show for its final chapter. Harmon is currently unattached, while McKenna is under an overall deal at NBC sibling Universal TV. McKenna, who served as co-executive producer on the Sony TV-produced Community for its first three seasons, left last May to move to Uni TV. Creator/executive producer Harmon was replaced as showrunner by David Guarascio and Moses Port a couple of weeks later. I hear Guarascio and Port had a one-year deal and were approached about coming back but opted to move on.
Dan Harmon & Chris McKenna Eye Return To ‘Community’ For Final Installment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'