Cottage Country is a dark comedy starring Malin Akerman, Tyler Labine, Daniel Petronijevic and Lucy Punch and directed by Peter Wellington. Victor Elizalde of indie Viva Pictures and Uncork’d Entertainment’s Keith Leopard said today they have acquired U.S. theatrical, VOD, home vid and digital rights while in Cannes. The story centers on Todd (Labine), who wants everything to be just perfect at the family cottage where he plans to propose to Cammie (Akerman). But things go awry with the arrival of Todd’s slacker brother Salinger (Petronijevic) and his free-spirited girlfriend Masha (Punch). When Todd accidentally dispatches his irksome sibling with an axe, Cammie is determined not to let murder stand in the way of their happiness. The pickup is the latest from the companies, which also acquired action film Get Lucky starring Luke Treadaway, Emily Atack and Craig Fairbrass; the comedy The Blackout from director Matt Hish and writer Keith Brown; thriller The Bates Haunting from director Byron Turk, starring Jean Louise O’Sullivan, Ryan Dunn and Zachary Fletcher; and romantic comedy Mariachi Gringo starring Shawn Ashmore, Martha Higareda and Kate Burton.
Cannes: Viva & Uncork’d Take U.S. On Malin Ackerman Pic ‘Cottage Country’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'