In a repeat from last year, NBC‘s perennial bubble comedy Community just snagged a 13-episode renewal. There have been some significant changes on the show over the past 12 months though. When NBC renewed the show last May, it still had creator Dan Harmon as showrunner and Chevy Chase as co-star. Immediately after the upfronts, Harmon was replaced with David Guarascio and Moses Port. Then in November, Chase too departed. The bitter feud between Chase and Harmon was a major factor in destabilizating of the show for a couple of seasons, leading to public outbursts and profane voice messages. Now that Chase is gone, emotions have cooled down and all sides involved have had time to reflect, there is speculation that Harmon may come back, especially if this turns out to be Community‘s final chapter. (I’d heard that, with the show’s future at NBC in limbo, there were a number of suitors clamoring to pick up Community for a final installment.) There are no deals in place but I hear there certainly is interest in bringing Harmon back in some capacity.
‘Community’ Is Coming Back, Will Dan Harmon Return Too?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’: Starz Series To Recast Mad Sweeney Role, Changes DP
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ & ‘#RichKids Of Beverly Hills’ Ratings Up In Live+3
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Season 4 Trailer: They’re After His Family, And He’s After Retribution
- Cinco de Mayo Revelry Take Bite Out Of CBS’s ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- ‘Feed The Beast’: AMC Moves Premiere Date To Follow ‘Preacher’
- Sumner Redstone Trial: "Severely Impaired" Mogul Suffering From Dementia, Doctor Tells Court