In a repeat from last year, NBC‘s perennial bubble comedy Community just snagged a 13-episode renewal. There have been some significant changes on the show over the past 12 months though. When NBC renewed the show last May, it still had creator Dan Harmon as showrunner and Chevy Chase as co-star. Immediately after the upfronts, Harmon was replaced with David Guarascio and Moses Port. Then in November, Chase too departed. The bitter feud between Chase and Harmon was a major factor in destabilizating of the show for a couple of seasons, leading to public outbursts and profane voice messages. Now that Chase is gone, emotions have cooled down and all sides involved have had time to reflect, there is speculation that Harmon may come back, especially if this turns out to be Community‘s final chapter. (I’d heard that, with the show’s future at NBC in limbo, there were a number of suitors clamoring to pick up Community for a final installment.) There are no deals in place but I hear there certainly is interest in bringing Harmon back in some capacity.
‘Community’ Is Coming Back, Will Dan Harmon Return Too?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest TV News
- Catalyst Options YA Fantasy Novel ‘Cuckoo Song’ For Event Mini – Edinburgh
- ‘Ordeal By Innocence’ To Kick Off Multi-Year Agatha Christie/BBC One Pact – Edinburgh
- Jack Thorne, David Farr, Kelly Marcel Join Writing Team On ‘Electric Dreams: The World Of Philip K Dick…
- Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe
- James Corden Teases Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits