Comedy Central‘s latest original series, Inside Amy Schumer, debuted last night to 1.6 million total viewers and 1.2 million Adults 18-49 (1.1 rating) and a 2.4 rating among Men 18-34. The show starring comedian Amy Schumer who, through a series of scripted vignettes, stand-up comedy, and man-on-the-street interviews, explores topics revolving around sex and relationships, benefited from a strong lead-in from Tosh.0 (2.4 million, 1.6 in 18-49). For its three premiere night plays, Inside Amy Schumer averaged 3 million viewers and was streamed nearly 250,000 times prior to the premiere. According to Comedy Central, Inside Amy Schumer logged the best new series premiere on the network this year across all key demographics. Given that the 2013 Comedy Central series that had already debuted, Nathan For You, The Jeselnik Offensive and Kroll Show, all have already been renewed, it is safe to assume that Inside Amy Schumer will get a second-season pickup soon. It would be the first successful Comedy Central show with a female lead since the Sarah Silverman Program. The success of Schumer’s series is not a fluke — her Amy Schumer: Mostly Sex Stuff stand-up special became Comedy Central’s second-highest rated special of 2012.
Comedy Central’s ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Off To Strong Start
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'