Comedy Central‘s latest original series, Inside Amy Schumer, debuted last night to 1.6 million total viewers and 1.2 million Adults 18-49 (1.1 rating) and a 2.4 rating among Men 18-34. The show starring comedian Amy Schumer who, through a series of scripted vignettes, stand-up comedy, and man-on-the-street interviews, explores topics revolving around sex and relationships, benefited from a strong lead-in from Tosh.0 (2.4 million, 1.6 in 18-49). For its three premiere night plays, Inside Amy Schumer averaged 3 million viewers and was streamed nearly 250,000 times prior to the premiere. According to Comedy Central, Inside Amy Schumer logged the best new series premiere on the network this year across all key demographics. Given that the 2013 Comedy Central series that had already debuted, Nathan For You, The Jeselnik Offensive and Kroll Show, all have already been renewed, it is safe to assume that Inside Amy Schumer will get a second-season pickup soon. It would be the first successful Comedy Central show with a female lead since the Sarah Silverman Program. The success of Schumer’s series is not a fluke — her Amy Schumer: Mostly Sex Stuff stand-up special became Comedy Central’s second-highest rated special of 2012.
Comedy Central’s ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Off To Strong Start
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'