The cable news network announced today that its new talk show Stroumboulopoulos will debut on June 9 right after the Season 1 finale of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Fronted by Canadian talk show host George Stroumboulopoulos, the 10-week series will move to its regular Friday 11 PM slot on CNN on June 14. The Sunday premiere comes just over a week before the debut of CNN’s new morning show New Day, the jewel in Jeff Zucker’s rebranding of the network. CNN first announced the Friday pop culture interview show back in early April. Stroumboulopoulos will film in LA starting next week with two tapings on May 29. CNN is certainly aiming to get a lot of mileage out of the new short-run show: Stroumboulopoulos will re-air at 2 AM and 5 AM on Fridays as well as at 11 PM, 2 AM and 5 AM ET on Saturdays for the summer.
CNN Sets June Debut For Summer Talk Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?