The cable news network announced today that its new talk show Stroumboulopoulos will debut on June 9 right after the Season 1 finale of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Fronted by Canadian talk show host George Stroumboulopoulos, the 10-week series will move to its regular Friday 11 PM slot on CNN on June 14. The Sunday premiere comes just over a week before the debut of CNN’s new morning show New Day, the jewel in Jeff Zucker’s rebranding of the network. CNN first announced the Friday pop culture interview show back in early April. Stroumboulopoulos will film in LA starting next week with two tapings on May 29. CNN is certainly aiming to get a lot of mileage out of the new short-run show: Stroumboulopoulos will re-air at 2 AM and 5 AM on Fridays as well as at 11 PM, 2 AM and 5 AM ET on Saturdays for the summer.
CNN Sets June Debut For Summer Talk Show
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?