The inspirational docu about Kevin Laue, the first one-armed athlete to play college basketball, is Cinipix‘s first pick-up following its infusion of cash from Wall Streeters Howard Silverman and Neil Grossman’s Toast & Jam Holdings. Cinipix has taken US rights to the film directed by Franklin Martin (Hurricane Season, Walking On Dead Fish) and is eyeing a fall theatrical release. It’s no wonder filmmakers describe Long Shot as “Blindside and Soul Surfer meets Hoop Dreams.” 6’11” Laue, born with a left arm that ended at the elbow, overcame adversity to play center on scholarship for Manhattan College’s Division I squad. Cinipix is also developing a feature adaptation of Long Shot with Martin’s Dutchmen Films and Billy Raftery to be exec produced by Julian McMahon, Charles Loventhal and Dain Blair. Meanwhile, the production, acquisition and distribution company’s slate femme action thriller Raze starring Rachel Nichols and Zoe Bell set for release via IFC Midnight, as well as the thriller Devil’s Ink and horror pic Parlor.
Cinipix Acquires Sports Docu ‘Long Shot: The Kevin Laue Story’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance