Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal aren’t exactly renowned for their pipes, but both are in discussions to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Disney‘s film version of the 1987 Stephen Sondheim musical Into The Woods. Rob Marshall is directing the pic with an eye on the 9-figure coin drawn by Best Picture nominee Les Miserables and Streep starrer Mamma Mia! Meanwhile, Pine has other things on his mind — like a huge opening for his Final Frontier sequel Star Trek Into Darkness this weekend.
Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal Clearing Throats For ‘Into The Woods’ Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE