Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal aren’t exactly renowned for their pipes, but both are in discussions to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Disney‘s film version of the 1987 Stephen Sondheim musical Into The Woods. Rob Marshall is directing the pic with an eye on the 9-figure coin drawn by Best Picture nominee Les Miserables and Streep starrer Mamma Mia! Meanwhile, Pine has other things on his mind — like a huge opening for his Final Frontier sequel Star Trek Into Darkness this weekend.
Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal Clearing Throats For ‘Into The Woods’ Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- ‘Padmaavat’ Stokes More Violence In India; Laura Linney To Make West End Debut – Global Briefs
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’