EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson has signed on to the Ira Sachs-directed Love Is Strange, joining Michael Gambon, Alfred Molina, Kelly Reilly and Tracy Letts. Gambon and Molina play Ben and Jorge, a couple who after 38 years together finally marry at City Hall in Manhattan. Trouble begins on return from their honeymoon when Jorge gets fired and the couple is forced to temporarily separate. Ben moves in with his nephew and wife (Letts and Reilly) and Jorge with Ted (Jackson) and his partner Nahlin, both police officers. Jackson was most recently seen alongside Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Stephen Soderbergh’s Behind The Candelabra for HBO, and he will soon wrap production on the independent film adaptation of Richard Alfieri’s Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks opposite Gena Rowlands. His other film credits include United 93, Price Check, and Lola Versus and indies Mutual Friends, Beautiful Now and Lucky Stiff. On the TV side he’s appeared in 30 Rock, Glee and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sachs also is a producer of Love Is Strange, along with Parts & Labor partners, Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy, and Lucas Joaquin. Filming is slated to begin in August in New York City. Jackson is repped by ICM Partners and The Schiff Company.
Cheyenne Jackson Joins ‘Love Is Strange’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video