EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson has signed on to the Ira Sachs-directed Love Is Strange, joining Michael Gambon, Alfred Molina, Kelly Reilly and Tracy Letts. Gambon and Molina play Ben and Jorge, a couple who after 38 years together finally marry at City Hall in Manhattan. Trouble begins on return from their honeymoon when Jorge gets fired and the couple is forced to temporarily separate. Ben moves in with his nephew and wife (Letts and Reilly) and Jorge with Ted (Jackson) and his partner Nahlin, both police officers. Jackson was most recently seen alongside Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Stephen Soderbergh’s Behind The Candelabra for HBO, and he will soon wrap production on the independent film adaptation of Richard Alfieri’s Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks opposite Gena Rowlands. His other film credits include United 93, Price Check, and Lola Versus and indies Mutual Friends, Beautiful Now and Lucky Stiff. On the TV side he’s appeared in 30 Rock, Glee and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sachs also is a producer of Love Is Strange, along with Parts & Labor partners, Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy, and Lucas Joaquin. Filming is slated to begin in August in New York City. Jackson is repped by ICM Partners and The Schiff Company.
Cheyenne Jackson Joins ‘Love Is Strange’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'