EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson has signed on to the Ira Sachs-directed Love Is Strange, joining Michael Gambon, Alfred Molina, Kelly Reilly and Tracy Letts. Gambon and Molina play Ben and Jorge, a couple who after 38 years together finally marry at City Hall in Manhattan. Trouble begins on return from their honeymoon when Jorge gets fired and the couple is forced to temporarily separate. Ben moves in with his nephew and wife (Letts and Reilly) and Jorge with Ted (Jackson) and his partner Nahlin, both police officers. Jackson was most recently seen alongside Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Stephen Soderbergh’s Behind The Candelabra for HBO, and he will soon wrap production on the independent film adaptation of Richard Alfieri’s Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks opposite Gena Rowlands. His other film credits include United 93, Price Check, and Lola Versus and indies Mutual Friends, Beautiful Now and Lucky Stiff. On the TV side he’s appeared in 30 Rock, Glee and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sachs also is a producer of Love Is Strange, along with Parts & Labor partners, Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy, and Lucas Joaquin. Filming is slated to begin in August in New York City. Jackson is repped by ICM Partners and The Schiff Company.
Cheyenne Jackson Joins ‘Love Is Strange’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- ‘Akicita’s Native Warriors Stood Up To “Genocide,” Violent Police Militarization At Standing Rock…
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- ‘Search’s Sev Ohanian Wins Sundance Institute/Amazon Studios Producers Award
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal – Sundance