As heavily promoted, CBS‘ How I Met Your Mother introduced the mother character in the final seconds of last night’s season finale when she was seen purchasing a train ticket to Farhampton, where she will eventually meet Ted (Josh Radnor). Cristin Milioti, star of Broadway’s Once, was cast in the role, which will be featured prominently on HIMYM‘s upcoming ninth and final season. “Cristin Milioti is, against all odds, exactly what we were looking for,” HIMYM co-creator/executive producer Carter Bays said. “She made us laugh on 30 Rock, she made us swoon in Once, and her ukulele skills are no joke”. As for the plot of Season 9, “it will tell the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever”, Bays said. In casting the mother, HIMYM stayed true to its original casting strategy, which involved casting young, relatively unknown actors like Radnor, Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders who became stars on the show.
CBS’ ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Casts Title Role, Gives Glimpse Of Final-Season Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders