As heavily promoted, CBS‘ How I Met Your Mother introduced the mother character in the final seconds of last night’s season finale when she was seen purchasing a train ticket to Farhampton, where she will eventually meet Ted (Josh Radnor). Cristin Milioti, star of Broadway’s Once, was cast in the role, which will be featured prominently on HIMYM‘s upcoming ninth and final season. “Cristin Milioti is, against all odds, exactly what we were looking for,” HIMYM co-creator/executive producer Carter Bays said. “She made us laugh on 30 Rock, she made us swoon in Once, and her ukulele skills are no joke”. As for the plot of Season 9, “it will tell the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever”, Bays said. In casting the mother, HIMYM stayed true to its original casting strategy, which involved casting young, relatively unknown actors like Radnor, Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders who became stars on the show.
CBS’ ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Casts Title Role, Gives Glimpse Of Final-Season Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'