Anne Hathaway won an Oscar this year based in part on her performance of one song in Les Misérables. Now she’s starring in Song One which Worldview Entertainment has signed on to finance and produce. The drama is a feature debut for helmer Kate Barker-Froyland who will direct from her own screenplay about a young woman who strikes up a relationship with her ailing brother’s favorite musician. Newly-minted Lotus Entertainment is handling international sales. CAA has domestic. Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow and Molly Conners will produce alongside Hathaway’s Rachel Getting Married producers Marc Platt and Jonathan Demme, with Hathaway herself and Adam Shulman. Worldview’s Maria Cestone, Sarah Johnson Redlich and Hoyt David Morgan will executive produce. Principal photography starts May 29 in New York.
Cannes: Worldview Backing Anne Hathaway In ‘Song One’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney Hits $4B Globally, Fastest Time In Studio’s History
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Frank Albanese Dies: Tough-Guy Actor In ‘The Sopranos’ & ‘Goodfellas’ Was 84