EXCLUSIVE: Voltage has set Uli Edel to helm Pay The Ghost, an elevated supernatural thriller that is based on a short story by cult horror and dark fantasy novelist Tim Lebbon. Voltage will sell the picture at Cannes and should have cast in place by the time the fest gets underway. In the Dan Kay-scripted thriller, a young boy disappears from his father’s side during a Halloween parade. His parents are haunted by terrifying images, and they learn that on Halloween, a vengeful ghost surfaces, abducting children. They also learn there is a short window to recover the child before he’s lost forever to the spirit world. Kay, who wrote Timber Falls, developed the script with producer Ian Levy and then Voltage got behind it, with Craig Flores and Nicolas Chartier also producing. They enlisted Edel, who helmed The Baader Meinhof Complex and just directed the six-hour miniseries Hotel Adlon, which was the highest rated TV show ever in Germany. Production on Pay The Ghost begins this summer.
Cannes: Voltage Sets Uli Edel To Helm Supernatural Thriller ‘Pay The Ghost’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter