EXCLUSIVE: Voltage has set Uli Edel to helm Pay The Ghost, an elevated supernatural thriller that is based on a short story by cult horror and dark fantasy novelist Tim Lebbon. Voltage will sell the picture at Cannes and should have cast in place by the time the fest gets underway. In the Dan Kay-scripted thriller, a young boy disappears from his father’s side during a Halloween parade. His parents are haunted by terrifying images, and they learn that on Halloween, a vengeful ghost surfaces, abducting children. They also learn there is a short window to recover the child before he’s lost forever to the spirit world. Kay, who wrote Timber Falls, developed the script with producer Ian Levy and then Voltage got behind it, with Craig Flores and Nicolas Chartier also producing. They enlisted Edel, who helmed The Baader Meinhof Complex and just directed the six-hour miniseries Hotel Adlon, which was the highest rated TV show ever in Germany. Production on Pay The Ghost begins this summer.
Cannes: Voltage Sets Uli Edel To Helm Supernatural Thriller ‘Pay The Ghost’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'