EXCLUSIVE: Voltage has set Uli Edel to helm Pay The Ghost, an elevated supernatural thriller that is based on a short story by cult horror and dark fantasy novelist Tim Lebbon. Voltage will sell the picture at Cannes and should have cast in place by the time the fest gets underway. In the Dan Kay-scripted thriller, a young boy disappears from his father’s side during a Halloween parade. His parents are haunted by terrifying images, and they learn that on Halloween, a vengeful ghost surfaces, abducting children. They also learn there is a short window to recover the child before he’s lost forever to the spirit world. Kay, who wrote Timber Falls, developed the script with producer Ian Levy and then Voltage got behind it, with Craig Flores and Nicolas Chartier also producing. They enlisted Edel, who helmed The Baader Meinhof Complex and just directed the six-hour miniseries Hotel Adlon, which was the highest rated TV show ever in Germany. Production on Pay The Ghost begins this summer.
Cannes: Voltage Sets Uli Edel To Helm Supernatural Thriller ‘Pay The Ghost’
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio