Worldwide rights to director Emmanuel Itier’s inspirational documentary Femme have gone to Vision Films ahead of Cannes, where executive producer and narrator Sharon Stone will be promoting the film this week. The female-driven documentary features interviews with 100 influential women filmed in over 20 countries across five continents, including Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi and Mairead Maguire and Marianne Williamson, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Vandana Shiva, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, Jean Shinoda Bolen, and actresses Sharon Stone, Maria Bello, Maria Conchita Alonso and Traci Lords. The pic’s soundtrack includes songs by Annie Lennox, Yoko Ono and Rickie Lee Jones.
Cannes: Vision Films Takes Global Rights To Sharon Stone-Produced Docu ‘Femme’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC