Worldwide rights to director Emmanuel Itier’s inspirational documentary Femme have gone to Vision Films ahead of Cannes, where executive producer and narrator Sharon Stone will be promoting the film this week. The female-driven documentary features interviews with 100 influential women filmed in over 20 countries across five continents, including Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi and Mairead Maguire and Marianne Williamson, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Vandana Shiva, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, Jean Shinoda Bolen, and actresses Sharon Stone, Maria Bello, Maria Conchita Alonso and Traci Lords. The pic’s soundtrack includes songs by Annie Lennox, Yoko Ono and Rickie Lee Jones.
Cannes: Vision Films Takes Global Rights To Sharon Stone-Produced Docu ‘Femme’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega On Managing High Expectations For ‘Star Wars’
- Tom Cruise Unravels ‘Mummy’ Reboot Chatter
- Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans To Assemble On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ For “Big Surprise” Tonight
- ‘JeruZalem’ Trailer: Israeli End Times Horror Pic Gets US Release