Worldwide rights to director Emmanuel Itier’s inspirational documentary Femme have gone to Vision Films ahead of Cannes, where executive producer and narrator Sharon Stone will be promoting the film this week. The female-driven documentary features interviews with 100 influential women filmed in over 20 countries across five continents, including Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi and Mairead Maguire and Marianne Williamson, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Vandana Shiva, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, Jean Shinoda Bolen, and actresses Sharon Stone, Maria Bello, Maria Conchita Alonso and Traci Lords. The pic’s soundtrack includes songs by Annie Lennox, Yoko Ono and Rickie Lee Jones.
Cannes: Vision Films Takes Global Rights To Sharon Stone-Produced Docu ‘Femme’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program