Worldwide rights to director Emmanuel Itier’s inspirational documentary Femme have gone to Vision Films ahead of Cannes, where executive producer and narrator Sharon Stone will be promoting the film this week. The female-driven documentary features interviews with 100 influential women filmed in over 20 countries across five continents, including Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Shirin Ebadi and Mairead Maguire and Marianne Williamson, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Vandana Shiva, Angela Davis, Gloria Steinem, Jean Shinoda Bolen, and actresses Sharon Stone, Maria Bello, Maria Conchita Alonso and Traci Lords. The pic’s soundtrack includes songs by Annie Lennox, Yoko Ono and Rickie Lee Jones.
Cannes: Vision Films Takes Global Rights To Sharon Stone-Produced Docu ‘Femme’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case