The latest tale of thievery to surface here in Cannes after last week’s $1M jewelry heist, involves China Film Group vice-president Zhang Qiang whose luggage was reportedly stolen from his hotel room. The incident caused him to cancel his participation in a press conference scheduled for tomorrow for Keanu Reeves’ directorial effort Man Of Tai Chi. I’m told the Man Of Tai Chi press conference will still be held with Reeves and producer Lemore Syvan in attendance, but that Zhang will not be there. The movie is a co-production between China Film Group, Wanda Media, Village Road Show Pictures, Universal Pictures and Company Films.
Cannes: Latest Theft Affects China Film Group VP
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Final Trailer: Batman (Featuring Superman)?
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future